Beads

attackone

attackone

getting ready to place a order for some beads, was thinking about getting tungsten but i have never fished with them, our they actually worth the extra price

attack1,

Tung beads do have advantages, but nothing a few lead wraps and a normal bead can't counter. I will also use a split shot on my line for added depth. The only time the tung beads are worth it IMHO is on those small (size 18 or smaller) flies that you want to go to the bottom fast.

JH

Not is my opinion but I know there are guys who swear by them. There is a guy on the PAFF board who sells beads at a great price, so I would check him out if I were you. I don't think he has tungsten yet but still worth it none the less. My next order will be through him, except that I forget his website at the moment. I'm sure someone can give it to you if you wanted it.

foxgap here is the website
http://www.wholesaleflycompany.com/

i was thinking about getting the 1000 mutli-color, rip n lips is where i was going to get the tungsten ones...but it seems like u get a better deal with the assortment....only wish i could get them in colors....any way that u can paint them

manj- i fish alot of small flies and i also try to aleast get one wrap of lead on my nymphs

I'm sure you can paint them but if you aren't using them as your only weight, you can buy plastic beads of any color at AC Moore or other craft shops. I would be surprised if JohnnyUtah ever steps into a fly shop and his ties are pretty damn sweet.

Rip Lips does make quality tungsten beads. I have a ton of them from those guys. But the deal above is great too.

the paint on the rip lips beads is kinda poor imho . and the metalic finishes have a tendency to tarnish . i like the stuff from wholesale fly co for the fact that the 7/64 and 3/32 have a considerably larger opening then regular beads. that being said they are smaller in size then cyclops beads . love there coneheads and eyes to

Back