Beadhead Kenobi Egg

R

Rickb326

Has anyone used this fly with success? I have been trying to go outside of the normal pheasant tail, bwo, wolly bugger, hares ear type flies. I am just wondering if I am going to far outside of the box with this particular fly. I was also wondering if trout in our area go for blood line eggs.

I can't help[ ya as I don't even know when any eggs are used to fish with. I was looking @ the front page and saw "Egg Laying Spinner" and have no clue when that occurs or more important .. do trout eats these eggs or just other fish eggs??

Bug eggs, fish eggs, bugs, fish.
The spinner is the spent, dead or dying end of the bug's life. Usually ended by the process of laying eggs (Females anyway). Grannoms are the perfect example. So fishing the spinnerfall is toward the end of the life cycle (pretty soon time to think trico spinners....fish eggs (in SEPA more likely sucker spawn this time of year) can be pretty effective....

I recently got to spend a fair bit of time learning buggy stuff with D_Dog, Fox and Herit-aged Angler...all three are a wealth of knowledge and just fun to fish with.....thanks Gents!

Back