2 birds with 1 stonefly

sandfly

sandfly

vinal ribbing and articulated stonefly.
I wrap the dubbing tight and full then comb(pick) out with a 22 cal. cleaning brush, combing to both sides.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00007.jpg
    Image00007.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 5
Nice, so that's how it looks. I've been thinking about how that would look for awhile but never got to playing with it. Picking out the dubbing doesn't make the vinyl rib stand out as much, or appear to large. I do like how that looks.

sand fly, nice looking tie. How are you making the connection at the joint?

GenCon

Do you have any data that indicates an articulated fly catches more trout than a non articulated fly? Nice job but if it doesn't attract more strikes then tying them is purely for your pleasure.

That looks great! would you mind sharing the recipe? I would like to copy for my own fly box.

Thank you

Allan S.

Really nice.
Especially the coloration.

Sorry been furling and working a 0.20 lead wire inside a braided leader....sheesh...what a nitemare.

Tail section is a mustad 37160 sz. 10 with orange goose biots. rib is yellow #76 swannundaze with a yellow rabbit dubbing. colored on top with a red/brown prsmacolor marker. Tied to the front hook mustad # 3366 sz. 6 with a loop of garcia royal bonnel brown mono ( got a couple rolls left and its stiff for doing loops) wing case is dyed brown raffia with a BMFS ( big meadows fly shop) hen feather. custom bred for this. Yellow rabbit under, antennae orange goose biots. I like using orange and yellow together, if you look at some of the stoneflys here in Pa. they have some orange mixed with the yellow and brown colors on the bodies.

Thanks for the information Sandfly, this one is definetly on my need to tie list

Back