"Purple Heart Nymph" Tribute Fly

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Sat down the other night, and brought up the purple heart medal. I looked at what I had in materials and tried to match the nymph as close to the medal as I could. I think it looks pretty close.

Doing 100 of these to benefit Project Healing Waters. Halfway to my goal of what I wanted to raise. This will go to the event held on Kettle Creek in May. I will be going this year, and am very excited to help out.

Such a great organization! I only wish I could be more active. Maybe once the kids get a little older and less dependent on mom and me, I can help out with some tying classes or something.

If you are a purple heart recipient and would like one of these flies, please message me and I will get one out to you.

Attachments

• medal.jpg
    medal.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 16
  • purple heart nymph 1.jpg
    purple heart nymph 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 6
  • purple heart nymph2.jpg
    purple heart nymph2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 6
  • purple heart nymph 1.jpg
    purple heart nymph 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4
Beautiful flies, wonderful idea and thank you for your brave service sir.

I apologize if there was any confusion but I did not serve. Just a civilian, trying to help out veterans.

When I said "brought up the purple heart medal" I meant searched it on google. The pic of the medal in the post was from Google, not my medal.

I am not trying to steal any valor or anything like that. I can't edit the post but again I did not serve.

Very thoughtful.

Back