penns water level

W

wardog

I'm going to be heading to penns creek next week a guy stop in at my work and said he heard that they might stop fishing untill the water level comes back up could that be true?

I was thinking of heading up there Friday or Saturday. I expect low water conditions typical of this time of year. While those conditions are far from ideal and may cause many people to choose not to fish no one is going to shut the creek down. As long as water temps are in an acceptable range for trout, which they should be at this point, there is no issue with fishing Penns Creek.

Look at my avatar. That was taken about this time last year. Pretty low.

Fished Penns on Saturday and Sunday. There were fish and the hatches were nice ( especially) Saturday with the cloud cover. The water is extremely low and the pressure is heavier than expected. With the fish condensed to certain holes, it really was not my cup of tea. I had never fished it below 150 cfs, and I don't think I will again. It just takes to much fun out of the stream.

It didn't stop anybody this past weekend. But me.

Rain is mucho needed. Get this thing up to about a grand cfs.

I fished it yesterday below Coburn and the water is as low as I've seen or fished in many years, I caught fish in the deep runs, and they seemed stacked up.

There is better places to fish like Spring that are more fun to fish; because the fish are spread out a bit.

My 2 cents.

Was over this morning below poe paddy water level is very, very low but is usually low this time of year we need a soaker soon

Below 150? I fished it at almost 800 during the grannoms in April and i thought that was perfect. I can't imagine it that low

Timmyt,
Agree wholly, my favorite level for Penns is 700 cfs. I just had never fished it during low water and I used 150 as a frame of reference. When I fished last weekend, it was about 68 cfs. I don't think I would go back for trout unless I knew it was over 150.

Yeah this dry summer like weather sucks

penns is most productive between 400 and 700....I live in the stream now and its super super low.....I have not seen it like this in a long time. Its better just to bring your fishing gear, sit on my porch, drink beer, and talk about fishing

Haha, i'm down for that anytime pennsadventures!

pennsadventures wrote:
penns is most productive between 400 and 700....I live in the stream now and its super super low.....I have not seen it like this in a long time. Its better just to bring your fishing gear, sit on my porch, drink beer, and talk about fishing

Do you have a house boat or sumtin'? :)

I drove over the mouth of Penns Creek today on Route 15. Water looked muddy as best I could tell but low. I was hoping for a shot of water in advance of tentative plans to fish it on Friday. Looks like I'll have to take pennsadventures up on his offer. :-D

We'll call it the Paflyfish Penns Low Water Flash Mob Jam! :-o

We're crashing Pennsadventures' house this weekend. Who's bringin the keg? :lol:

Looks like some of this rain is pushing up there. Thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow in what should be damp, dark and sometimes rainy conditions. Anyone seen the creek in the last 24 hours or so or want to speculate on what this rain may do to it by tomorrow morning?

Back