Wills Creek Somerset County

D

Dubtheflyfisher

Was driving through the area the other day for the first time in a while and noticed the railroad company has put up gates on the access roads near hyndman and further up near Glencoe. This is a great stocked and wild trout stream. Anyone know what's up with this?

Beautiful area. Never fished it, but recall a few spring floods in the 70s when I repeated try to drown myself in my kayak 1/3 of the way up the hillside in the trees. It was such fun while it was happening. Not sure how I did not end up with severe head trauma during that 20 year period. My fiberglass kayak and wooden paddle still hang in my garage as a reminder of the period. Far safer sport these days with boats you can exit quickly.

I live just over the from Wills and thieves rode up the tracks near Glencoe and stole thousands worth of electronics off of train cars. CSX then gated the miles of old access. Gates do open for the stocking trucks so if you're not afraid to walk beyond the the gates, which is ok to do, the fishing is way better than it's ever been since no ones putting the foot work in.

Back