West Branch Shuttle

SurfCowboyXX

SurfCowboyXX

I tried the search feature for "shuttle" but didn't find any recent threads on-point. Does anyone know for sure if the Upper Delaware Inn (the Capra) is still running shuttles? And if they run them for folks who aren't staying at the Inn? I'm trying to set one up for Saturday and have been striking out thus far. I remember that there was a thread recently where it was discussed, but I can't seem to find it.

So, recommendations are appreciated. And out of curiosity, has anyone tried to Uber up a shuttle around there?

West branch anglers

West Branch Angler (West Branch Resort) will neither allow you to use their ramp, nor will they run a shuttle for you unless you are staying at the resort. I e-mailed them yesterday and they replied in the negative.

Chico

607 221 8372

Shuttle guy. trustworthy. 40$

Ooh--Chico! I have read of this man. Thank-you for the contact info.

Gene still runs shuttles out of the Capra (I know the name changed but it will always be the Capra to me). I did one with him 2 weeks ago. I've done them with him without staying there before.

That is a terrible business model for WBA to not run shuttles for everyone. That is a lot of lost money. Out west, just about anyone will do a shuttle for you. Why in the world would they refuse it unless you stay there? especially since there are other options??

because what they (WBA) actually makes on a shuttle is very little after paying the 2 people per shuttle that actually drive the vehicles. Add in the liability and just plan old extra hassle each day when fisherman call up and say "hey I changed my mind can you move the vehicle, or I lost my keys, etc. etc.) it makes sense that they do it this way. They are a resort 1st not a typical fly shop. They have enough to keep them busy with doing that just for the guests.

I don't know if it's necessarily a horrible business model to not run shuttles, but, considering that they have a fly shop, not allowing fishermen to use their ramp at all (with the understanding that you'd need to shuttle your truck at put-in) is a pretty bad idea. I could imagine a number of drifting fishermen would probably be spending some money at the shop for things they didn't realize they'd forgot or needed. Hell, they could charge $10 for the use of the ramp with no parking and probably pull an easy extra $100/day for doing nothing.

Stimey-how much does Gene charge for a shuttle?

Depends on length of float but most are $35. Every 5th one is free, he tracks it in a book each season. I know the WBA ramp would be nice to use but the access is way down within the property and there isn't much parking. I know I've stayed there a few times just so I could use the ramp. They don't want to have non guests having access to the cabin areas.

Yes Gene is still shuttling as far as I know

Thanks for all the help, guys. I'll let you know who I use and how we fare with the trout. Tomorrow looks awful promising. Hopefully I'll have a nice pic or two to share.

Back