Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: West Branch - springtime trip

John Miller with West Branch Angler may be the best guide on the river, and he's a professional photographer. Gorgeous photos. Bruce Miller from the Delaware River Club is also an excellent guide. And I like Wayne Aldridge, River of Life, up in Deposit. You stay at his house, right on the river, and his wife bakes great banana bread.

Posted on: 2013/1/22 21:38

From perkasie,pa
i like banana bread.

Posted on: 2013/1/24 16:58

From Ohio
Another vote for John Miller.

Posted on: 2013/1/25 6:59

Would anyone be interested in teaming up to split the cost for a Spring time trip on the West Branch? I live in the SE PA area and would really like to get out on the this water. I'd like to book something at the show or shortly after. Maybe take advantage of a "show special" price.

We can discuss a plan.
matt.koloch@gmail.com

Posted on: 2013/1/25 14:38

From LV
Hm? Wonder what West Branch, maybe the West Branch of the Schuylkill, WB Perkiomen, WB Clarion, WB Penobscot.......

Posted on: 2013/1/25 16:16

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Yes Chaz, everybody is talking about a guided float on the West Branch of the Perky. SMFH

Posted on: 2013/1/25 17:57

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Eastern PA
Shane, I think the best defense is to ignore his ignorant obvious troll.

Posted on: 2013/1/25 18:12

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Troll? Lmao very lame attempt. Some people should stick to catching 4 inch brookies.

Posted on: 2013/1/25 20:39

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

Never stayed at the WBA but split three ways as we do, and with a breakfast layout thrown in, I have to believe the drc is competitive with Capra. Don't let "club" fool you. It's an old motel. People at Capra and drc have been very helpful,over the years.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 11:45

From Dauphin
I've stayed at WBA. Classy place but you pay for it. If money is not an option I recommend it.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 12:05

From Tailwater USA
May even want to try just staying at the capra and renting a boat from WBA. They get about $125 a day. The river is easy to float, fishing can be difficult at times but there is alot of info out there about the river. Weamer's book is really good place to start for general info. Plus there is a lot of people on here who could give you some info. In general fish can be caught on the general nymph patterns most of the time and spinners in the evening are always productive. If you can row a boat and have atleast basic fishing skills a guide isn't always necessary. However any of the guides listed above would be good options.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 12:43

From Lancaster Co.
Quote:

HelpfulChaz wrote:
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Hm? Wonder what West Branch, maybe the West Branch of the Schuylkill, WB Perkiomen, WB Clarion, WB Penobscot.......

I'm sorry. What I meant to say was that if you're looking to fish the West Branch of the Delaware (since I'm no idiot and can thus can deduce a location based on context clues), I'd recommend staying at the Capra Inn. Gene is a friendly, even cheeky fellow who has always been accommodating. The location is great too being relatively centrally located to many of the popular fishing destinations of the West Branch.

I'm sorry but I don't have any recommendations on guides. Enjoy your trip and tight lines!

Welcome to the board HC! We could use more posters like you around here.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 13:59

From Portage, PA
Just wish i could be as all knowing as some of the members who commented on this thread.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 14:15

From perkasie
Couldn't agree more with Border Waters recommendation. Have had at least one trip a year with them for several years. great experiences, even when the weather wasn't the best. Hancock Hotel is nice as well

Posted on: 2013/2/5 14:57

Thirty years on that river doesn't make you all knowing but helps. Don't think about learning boat handling during Hendrickson hatch. Lot of nice guys could get testy in those big game land pools. Great years when we had the trailer at the drc campground but hurricaine Ivan ended that. There are hatches on the west branch all season long. Follow the release level and temps not air temp. You can be sweating our bu** off and be fishing some member of the sulphur family. Fall is great. Fished BWO's off the shehawken ramp for six hours taking a break for lunch in town. Some days you can't catch a fish under 16 inches. Great place.......let's keep it to our selves. Mums the word.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 17:26

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com