Valley Levels

J

JasonC

Looking at the USGS data, it seems Valley is a viable option for this weekend if anyone is looking to get out. Flows are dropping quickly to average and turbidity seems almost what it usually is already. It’s insane to think how quick that creek recooperates. It also didn’t get hit nearly as hard as those in the middle of the state but still amazing to think about nonetheless. Nature!

Valley recovers very quickly. If anything, it's easier to fish in the summer after rainfall when it is slightly stained and a little higher than usual. Perfect time to throw on a woolly bugger or small streamer.

Fished Valley with my son this morning from around 6:30 til 9:00am and it was great. Water is a little high but totally manageable. Between the off color from all the recent rain and the fog, there was plenty of good cover. We each put about 4 or 5 in our nets using nymphs. We were in the area near the turnpike bridge, we were the only ones there.

Congrats! That's great to hear too, I'm thinking of heading there this weekend in the early AM and possibly split my time between there and White Clay.

Thanks! After probably 10 or 12 visits over the past 18 months since we started fly fishing, that was our first successful outing at Valley. Lots of fun using my new 3wt too!

After probably 10 or 12 visits over the past 18 months since we started fly fishing, that was our first successful outing at Valley. Lots of fun using my new 3wt too!

Sounds like valley :)

Once you can figure it out, it can be fast paced and lots of fun catching, catching, catching some days. It’ll still always throw you a curveball and have you scratching your head though!

I cut my teeth so to speak on valley as a beginner, and found that all the frustrating days when I first started out were well worth it. If you can do consistently well there, a lot of other locations begin to seem easy by comparison.

To the OP’s point- valley always clears fast.

Back