Swatara creek now?

robkonowitch

robkonowitch

Anyone think it is worth going out to the swatara? Anything going to bite?

I've run into some nice Fallfish this time of year during warm spells. I catch my biggest Fallfish this time of year generally. I've struggled with the Smallies until it gets consistently warmer though.

Either way it beats sitting around not fishing. Low and slow, dead drift dark weighted Buggers. Stripping usually isn't very effective for me until the water warms.

Any particular fly to try?

Have 2 hours. Was thinking by Hoffer park

Just made an edit to the above post while you were responding. Just drift em and when you feel weight set the hook...it'll either be a rock or a Fallfish. :)

robkonowitch wrote:
Anyone think it is worth going out to the swatara? Anything going to bite?

Now is prime time for big SMBs.

As others have pointed out, a dark streamer fished low and slow is the best bet. Due to weather conditions this year, I suspect the pre-spawn bass bite is off to a slow start. When water temps hit 40 and above, the fishing usually improves significantly.

Went out... WATER WAY too high!

Just checked my USGS app and it's 1540 cfs. Yeah, that's a wee bit high.

A quick snow melt on Saturday from Friday's (hopefully "onion snow") storm probably has most larger waters flowing a bit high as well as fairly cold. It won't be long now, though!

Is it really open below the ATW?

Try the little Swatty next sat.

Rob skip the Swattie now...unless you actually want to catch the 24+ browns and 20+ smalls...they tend to get in the way of catching those prized rockies, fallfish and suckers.

I wanted to go out and cast my new rod. I thought it was worth the try.... But... 2 weeks away from my favorite day of the year

Back