Streams to fish now

P

PATroutMan

What streams are legal to fish right now? I thought that there is a rest period from beginning of march til March 31. Looking to get out this weekend if anyone has recommendations around delaware water gap, allentown, or york county.

PATroutMan wrote:
What streams are legal to fish right now? I thought that there is a rest period from beginning of march til March 31. Looking to get out this weekend if anyone has recommendations around delaware water gap, allentown, or york county.

You can trout fish some special reg areas and many unstocked streams.

Below is a link to the PFBC Trout stream map from their site. You can zoom in on your area of interest and click the boxes on the left for any type of trout stream you are looking to fish. Click on any stream and the name of the stream and a link to the type of stream and stream regs will pop up. Good luck.

http://pfbc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=65a89f6592234019bdc5f095eaf5c6ac

redietz wrote:
jifigz wrote:
Am I the only one that really dislikes that map?

No.

^ I get it.

The PFBC spends fishing license dollars to survey streams for wild trout and stock streams with trout. They really should share that info with anglers, and they do....on the trout map!

I use the map religiously and have found some great trout opportunities close to home that I really didn't even know were there, since many new wild trout streams have been discovered during the surveys.

In addition, the trout stream map is really a big help when venturing out into unfamiliar areas during a fishing trip.

Don't worry, the vast majority of anglers will continue fish the small minority of well-known streams. But some of us will explore the blue and green lines looking for a new place to fish and a great experience.

Exploring a new place is a trip! :)

Thought the map was difficult to navigate at first...then kept playing around with it and got the hang of it and it really is quite useful. As afishinado said, it just helped me locate some streams that I had no idea were so close to me that had trout in them...plenty of new water for me to explore.

I found a newly surveyed
bradtheflyfisherman wrote:
Thought the map was difficult to navigate at first...then kept playing around with it and got the hang of it and it really is quite useful. As afishinado said, it just helped me locate some streams that I had no idea were so close to me that had trout in them...plenty of new water for me to explore.

+1 ^

Lol....I just "discovered" a newly surveyed wild trout stream on the trout map this winter. No need for driving directions, though....I can walk to it from my house!

Will give it a shot as soon as the snow melts and it warms up a bit.

afishinado wrote:

Don't worry, the vast majority of anglers will continue fish the small minority of well-known streams.

Definitely true. Most PA fly fishers do the great majority of their fishing in special regulations areas.

I never looked at the mat until A few months ago. I am an electronic idiot and really didn't feel I needed to know about all this computer stuff. Once I checked out the map I saw A stream near me that was classified as A class A stream. I gave it A shot on A nice February walk and did mange A couple of small brookies. I also see there are other class A streams near me and will now be giving them A try also. My wife is the one who encouraged me to start with the computer and now I think she regrets it. She keeps saying that she has created and electronic fishing monster.

bugger814 wrote:
I never looked at the mat until A few months ago. I am an electronic idiot and really didn't feel I needed to know about all this computer stuff. Once I checked out the map I saw A stream near me that was classified as A class A stream. I gave it A shot on A nice February walk and did mange A couple of small brookies. I also see there are other class A streams near me and will now be giving them A try also. My wife is the one who encouraged me to start with the computer and now I think she regrets it. She keeps saying that she has created and electronic fishing monster.

Did anyone else say the letter "A" louder with emphasis in your head as you read this?

Yea and i liked it A

Back