Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Potter county

From Carbon County
I'm going to be in potter next weekend for work and I don't know the area very well but apparently we are going to be very close to the Austin dam ( or should I say what's left of it). I'm only going to have 3-4 hours to fish Sunday morning and I would like to keep driving to a minimum because its going to eat into my time on the water. Where should I go? Allegheny, sinnemahoning, Freeman's run? I know kettle is in potter but how far of a drive am I looking at? You can PM me if you wish. Thanks

Posted on: 5/9 14:21

Re: Potter county

From Lancaster County
You will be right in the vicinity of Sinnemahoning, so given your limited time, that is probably going to be your best bet. Allegheny is further northwest and Kettle is farther southeast from Austin.

Posted on: 5/9 14:36

From Ephrata, PA
First Fork is probably your best bet, if I remember correctly. Kettle will be a drive for you.

Posted on: 5/9 14:36

From Forks of the Ohio
Yes there are at least one mountain to navigate to get from Austin to Kettle, so it could take some time.

Posted on: 5/9 14:49

From Coatesville, Pa
first fork is your only legit option for limited time. kettle is probably 45 min from the austin dam and the only other options are small brookie streams or small stocked streams. first fork should be fishing really really well pending water conditions

Posted on: 5/9 16:26

From LV
Ah, Freeman Run? It's got trout. It's right there in Austin. that's your best bet.

Posted on: 5/10 8:45

From Lilly, PA
I would fish either Freeman - I think a local sportsman's group stocks at the dam or First Fork. Kettle is too far for your limited time.

Posted on: 5/10 8:56

From Carbon County
Ok thanks. If I could stretch my time an hour or two would I be better off going to kettle? I can leave earlier in the morning to be there at sun up so the only time I'm really losing is the drive back. And what should I expect up there? Caddis, march browns? Probably too early for sulphurs up there, no? Thanks again.

Posted on: 5/10 9:15

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

Dcap240 wrote:
Ok thanks. If I could stretch my time an hour or two would I be better off going to kettle? I can leave earlier in the morning to be there at sun up so the only time I'm really losing is the drive back. And what should I expect up there? Caddis, march browns? Probably too early for sulphurs up there, no? Thanks again.

Kettle is not any better then any of the streams close by where you are. Why spend time driving when you could be fishing.

Posted on: 5/10 9:29

From Carbon County
Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks brad

Posted on: 5/10 9:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com