Middle Branch White Clay Creek

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

My son and I fished it Saturday as we learned that a local club put 400 trout in the creek on Friday October 24th. I am unsure of the etiquette involved in making this type of news public but I kind of thought that this is one of the reasons I belong to this website. Share and share alike. The fish were very confused and the one guy I talked to caught his on imitation pellets. We will hit it again when the fish get spread out and learn to eat bugs. Met my first WCO Ed Guthrie. Very nice man and I thanked him for his work. Also met a former skipper of the submarine USS Los Angeles. As soon as I saw his scrambled eggs ball cap with the name USS Los Angeles all I could think of was Hunt for Red October!!

Is anyone else fishing here lately?

I fished it on Saturday Afternoon. I ran into quite a few others out there as well. I'm guessing this stretch got hit pretty hard over the weekend. Saw more than a few fish, but couldn't pull anything out. I didn't see anyone else get anything, and the others that I spoke to said the same thing... saw, but no catch.

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, was my first time out with the flyrod in months. I think I spent more time un-doing birds nests and retrieving the flies from the trees than I had flies in the water. I need to get out more. My wife and kids have other ideas though.

fadeaway263 wrote:
My son and I fished it Saturday as we learned that a local club put 400 trout in the creek on Friday October 24th. I am unsure of the etiquette involved in making this type of news public but I kind of thought that this is one of the reasons I belong to this website. Share and share alike. The fish were very confused and the one guy I talked to caught his on imitation pellets. We will hit it again when the fish get spread out and learn to eat bugs. Met my first WCO Ed Guthrie. Very nice man and I thanked him for his work. Also met a former skipper of the submarine USS Los Angeles. As soon as I saw his scrambled eggs ball cap with the name USS Los Angeles all I could think of was Hunt for Red October!!

I need to re-up my dues, I did not know they had stocked this fall.

No one will mind it public so long as the fish are put back so everyone can fish them again. Ed is a great guy, glad you met him.

I fished it Tuesday from london tract rd up to the end of the field - didn't see a fish - nice pools and runs along there but water was very low. one plunge pool looked like it HAD to hold fish but nymphing produced nothing.

i also tried the pool below the bridge with the fallen trees - again nada.

i'm going to guess they stocked more above the dam and down by the Y pool and meeting house area..?

When I helped (many years ago when I lived in Fair Hill MD), we stocked down from Good Hope.

Back