Little Lehigh question

A

AFISHN

Need to be in Allentown in the AM two days next week and decided to fish the PM.I have fished the LL for many years but never where it enters the Lehigh River in Allentown.Thought I'd give it a try.Anyone have any suggestions without spot burning?Checked mapquest and the nearest place of entry sems to be on Basin Street.
thanks
Tom

There is a parking lot right there where the Jordan and the LL meet on either Union or Martin Luther king Dr. And a couple other lots on MLK dr. Along the LL. I wouldn't recommend fishing down there though, last time I was there which was either 2 or 3 years ago there was a tent city down there. Garbage and homeless everywhere. One of the bums warned me that the other homeless use the creek as their toilet. I would recommend anywhere but there along the LL. But maybe it's different now, I don't know. It was so nasty I never wanted to go back and it's a shame because it looked like it could've been nice water. I don't think anyone will mind if I "burn" this spot.

If you go down there take a weapon and be ready to use it,despite that I bet there are some big fish there but it is n't a nice place.Not only that you have to be concerned with car break ins or maybe the whole car missing.

The tent city stocks that section with a unique strain of brownies...

Fish in the parkway above or below the fly stretch and hatchery. The stream is presently loaded with freshly stocked trout, including some very nice ones.

First;thanks for the replies
2nd:I checked out the section yesterday.i see what you mean:(
Unfortuantely:My kevlar waders and fishing vest leave me vulnerable to head shots or head trauma from blunt force objects,so I guess it's fishing above and below the Heritage section for this guy!!

Hahah, super brownies

Have not fished there in a long while, maybe try out towards Emmaus side. The Parkway is beautiful place. Less issues. I forget the road name, but out towards Cedar Crest blvd near the hatchery. Good Luck!

Back