Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Little Lehigh question

From West Chester,PA
Need to be in Allentown in the AM two days next week and decided to fish the PM.I have fished the LL for many years but never where it enters the Lehigh River in Allentown.Thought I'd give it a try.Anyone have any suggestions without spot burning?Checked mapquest and the nearest place of entry sems to be on Basin Street.
thanks
Tom

Posted on: 2013/10/24 10:58

Re: Little Lehigh question

From Carbon County
There is a parking lot right there where the Jordan and the LL meet on either Union or Martin Luther king Dr. And a couple other lots on MLK dr. Along the LL. I wouldn't recommend fishing down there though, last time I was there which was either 2 or 3 years ago there was a tent city down there. Garbage and homeless everywhere. One of the bums warned me that the other homeless use the creek as their toilet. I would recommend anywhere but there along the LL. But maybe it's different now, I don't know. It was so nasty I never wanted to go back and it's a shame because it looked like it could've been nice water. I don't think anyone will mind if I "burn" this spot.

Posted on: 2013/10/24 18:11

If you go down there take a weapon and be ready to use it,despite that I bet there are some big fish there but it is n't a nice place.Not only that you have to be concerned with car break ins or maybe the whole car missing.

Posted on: 2013/10/25 16:06

From Bucks County
The tent city stocks that section with a unique strain of brownies...

Posted on: 2013/10/25 20:12

Fish in the parkway above or below the fly stretch and hatchery. The stream is presently loaded with freshly stocked trout, including some very nice ones.

Posted on: 2013/10/25 21:17

From West Chester,PA
First;thanks for the replies
2nd:I checked out the section yesterday.i see what you mean:(
Unfortuantely:My kevlar waders and fishing vest leave me vulnerable to head shots or head trauma from blunt force objects,so I guess it's fishing above and below the Heritage section for this guy!!

Posted on: 2013/10/26 12:43

From Hunker
Hahah, super brownies

Posted on: 2013/10/26 13:37
"Ours is the grandest sport. It is an intriguing battle of wits between an angler and a trout; and in addition to appreciating the tradition and grace of the game, we play it in the magnificent out-of-doors."
~ Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr.

From Thorndale, PA
Have not fished there in a long while, maybe try out towards Emmaus side. The Parkway is beautiful place. Less issues. I forget the road name, but out towards Cedar Crest blvd near the hatchery. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2013/10/26 16:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com