Little J tomorrow first timer

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

Tomorrow im headed to the little J, I was wandering if there are any necceseties or anything I need to know about it this time of year? or if todays rain will make it unfishable?
Thanks

The guage is rising quickly. I'm guessin it will be blown out or fairly stained. Fished it Sat and it was slightly off. Saw some bigger tan caddis, golden stones , TINY mayfly assumed to be olives (#24), a handful of cahills and not all that many sulphurs. We did have fish hitting a large iso nymph but it was pretty slow. Right at dark, there was a flurry of rises. Keep an eye on the gauge. If it's your first time, I'd say 425 cfs should be you max.

thanks kray, im going regardless just to get your familiar with it and maybe just find other fishable water in the area. thanks again

If it's blown out, don't be afraid to toss some meat at them. You never know and if the water is stained, you've got the upper hand.

if high, stay on shore and toss streamers along the bank, a good tactic on any high creek, sometimes you'll get a monster!

bikerfish wrote:
if high, stay on shore and toss streamers along the bank, a good tactic on any high creek, sometimes you'll get a monster!

yep, biggest brown of my life hooked in that situation. Raging torrent, threw streamer against a blow down, beast rose up from the depths, and 5 or so minutes later, 28 inches of wild gold.

Stream gague went up and came down as of this morning. Throw big heavy streamers, best bet cause the water will be dirty! Also if you go to barree, can i ask a favor? Just check and see if you have cell phone service and post back if you do please. I have to fish somewhere i have service at on sunday.

Tight lines!

Evan

did not go to little j fished another local stream instead

Back