Lehigh temps

M

mikesl

I usually fish the Lehigh later in the season, and in fall, but was hoping to hit it earlier this year, catch some hatches...

I see the water out of FEW and Beltzville is right around 39, but trending the right way...

How does the L fish in this kind of weather? Any fish in the Riffles yet?

I am not a water temp guy. I like to start fishing the river when I start to see bug activity. Until the grannoms start to pop I stay off the river. If warmer weather continues I would figure about 2-3 weeks or so on them. My guess would be that the fish are mostly congregated in the deep troths. Just my opinon of course. If you decide to head out hit me up and I will give you a good spot to try. However, you have to leave if I ever see you there when I am trying to fish. :p

Rising fish - Look for the heat of the day in the slowest of the slow protected pools. Which unfortunately usually means a boat is needed. Window of potential action is relatively small. While these mid-week air temps are awfully temping to hit it, realistically we are a few weeks out yet.

Thanks Guys, That is just the kind of info I needed.

Will check it out in a few wks and bring the kayak in case all the fish are in the deep flat water out of my wading reach

Back