Lehigh suprise

Kabutt

Kabutt

Had an afternoon appointment yesterday somewhere near Jim Thorpe, decided to do some fishing afterward. My aim was to see if there were any SMBs up this high on the river. I waded in on the shady side and just started fishing the water in front of me. Within a few casts I hooked and lost what I believed was a small bass. After a few more casts I lobbed one a bit upstream, behind a rock. As soon as my craydaddy hit the water it was attacked by this:

gxcYW.jpg

I didn't expect to catch any trout here. It was around 4pm, water temp 69ish. You can't see it, but she has an adipose fin. I don't see a pelvic fin clip either. Cool!

Nice, the water was only 69? Was it a sluggish fight? Least one fish made it through the summer.

Yeah that's what my thermometer said, but I don't trust it 100%. It "felt" cold, not like the lower river. And it actually fought as strong or stronger than most fish that size. Peeled a bit of line from my reel at one point. There's hope.

And I swear I know how to spell "surprise"...

Yeah that's a really nice one for late August. I have caught a few in late august like that, however I wasn't targeting them either.... Good work!

There are plenty of cold water seeps that keep the temps down and I have caught bass and trout from the same slots, actually on Thursday.

Back