Laurel Hill Creek

echuck66

echuck66

I'm considering a Saturday day trip to Laurel Hill Creek and was wondering if anyone had any pointers on best stretches of the creek to fish.

Currently, I'm looking at the DHALO section above the lake in the State Park, but am open to other suggestions if the fishing is better elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

LH is the most heavily stocked stream in the region. There are fish throughout, not just in the two Special Regs area which will be crowded this weekend for sure. If you do go to the special regs ares, I prefer the lower one this time of year... the hatches seem to be better and the water is bigger so anglers can spread out. Get there by driving up 281 from the town of Confluence, make a left onto Humbert Road. Park on the bottom of the regs area and Paddytown Run or travel up further to the state game lands where there is a nice parking area next to the stream. However, there is TONS of water above that... it all holds trout this time of year.
BOTTOM LINE: Fish anywhere on the stream--especially near road access-- and you will most likely be into fish.

Thanks for the information. Sounds like this weekend will be a good one.

Oh, as far as flies to use:

Dries -- March browns #12 Sulphurs #16.
Caddis (not sure of size)
Nymphs -- Sulphur, hares ear, march browns and pheasant tail. And wooly buggers by all means. Good luck.

Back