Lackawanna River

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

Is the Lackawanna open year round to fishing or does it close March 1 like spots that stock? I know it gets stocked in Scranton for derbies but I want to fish upriver today after work if possible. Thanks and let me know...it's going to be 52 out!

There are special regs water on the Lackawanna. They are open to fishing all year long.

The river above Carbondale is closed but C-dale down is open. Special regs from Archbald to Dickson City is catch and release right now.

Thanks for the responses. I never got out. I was a little occupied now that everything is thawing and the new concrete that we had installed six months ago tomorrow has slightly shifted, sunk/heaved in some spots and even hairline cracked in some spots. My vinyl railings attached to them even have some concerns. Nonetheless, I was really annoyed by this and need to get out fishing ASAP to just clear my mind. Hopefully as the thaw continues, it readjusts but that may just be wishful thinking. Thanks again and maybe tomorrow will be an option to fish.

It's open year round in the special regs area, but check the river gauges, because it's rough water when the run-off starts. Run-off has no doubt started.

Back