LL in December?

C

calapp

Never fished there but would like to try before my non-resident PA license expires. Is the no kill area open? What can I expect to find at this time of year? Thanks,

heritage section is open all year. midges.

This time of year I use black or red zebra midge or olive wooly buggers. If you're planning on going this weekend it will be crowded with the warm weather forecasted.

Good luck

The no-kill and the kill areas are open in the city park. The "kill area" has lots of stockies right now due to the need to reduce the density in the hatchery adjacent to the Little Lehigh. Stockings have been fairly frequent this fall I have been told.

Absolutely. You qhould catch fish. Bottom bump and is you get a little sun, you'll have smoe midge activity.

krayfish2 wrote:
Absolutely. You qhould catch fish. Bottom bump and is you get a little sun, you'll have smoe midge activity.

You drunk or something!?

I fished there a few times in the past two months. Saw subtle risers (just dimples on the water) and used a tiny midge-size#24 CDC and a bit of cream dubbing for body- to catch a few. Some were small browns and a few were recently stocked rainbows. Was using 7x.

Other than being pretty low right now it's good fishing all year. Expect a crowd on the weekends, but during the week there's plenty of room. BWO's and midges, plus the occasional stone fly are winter fair. All small stuff from #18 to #24.

Andy,

What are you talking about? The suggestion was legit. I might pack things in by early October but did fish 12 months out of the year in the past. BS used to have a good midge hatch in mid / late January. The midge fishing on spring can be fantastic in February.

I don't like freezing or going when the action is slow but I'll support those that want to go. It can be quite good if all of the planets fall into place.

krayfish2 wrote:
Andy,

What are you talking about? The suggestion was legit. I might pack things in by early October but did fish 12 months out of the year in the past. BS used to have a good midge hatch in mid / late January. The midge fishing on spring can be fantastic in February.

I don't like freezing or going when the action is slow but I'll support those that want to go. It can be quite good if all of the planets fall into place.

krayfish2 wrote:

Kray - Look at your post again - Were you typing on a phone or small tablet keypad? Or maybe Sas is correct and you are guilty or typing under the influence....... :)

Typing on phone. My bad.

I take it the CRFFO section that runs along Krick LN is also open?

yes. and all regs can be found here : http://fishinpa.com/. It's best to get it direct from the source, as the Conservation Officers don't take hearsay or ignorance as an excuse.

calapp wrote:
What can I expect to find at this time of year? Thanks,

About 25 guys clustered around the hatchery outflow, and another 100 guys strung the rest of the way down the crick 'til the end of the heritage section, mostly.

LMAO you just hit the nail on the head.

watch out for a OLD limping Itailion around the bridge are, goes by the name of old loum.. hes a cranky old buzzard..

^ haha, ive met him! Hes a nice guy. Just dont grow roots in his fishing spots...

LL looks good today went by it at noon

J55tyger88 wrote:
^ haha, ive met him! Hes a nice guy. Just dont grow roots in his fishing spots...

He didn't steal any flies from you?

No fly stealing...he did give me a euro nymph leader though.

Back