Indiana County Warm Water Locations

JackM

JackM

Staff member
I am heading up to Home, PA to help my brother bring back a car he is buying. We're leaving about 11:30 AM and will probably complete the transaction and be ready to drive back around 2:30-3:00 PM.

Jim will probably spin-fish, but he isn't picky about warm water fishes. I am going to throw streamers and enjoy the humid air. I wanted to show him smaller stream smallmouth fishing, since he has only really fished for WW fish in the Youghiogheny.

Trying to keep to a narrow loop of travel, I identified Crooked Creek which seems to grow after a confluence of three branches just south of Home, PA. Also, if the travel-up scouting of Crooked Cr discourages us, on the way back we can easily find Two Lick Creek and it's reservoir and Yellow Creek and it's reservoir.

Any other ideas on moving water that might be good today?

I can't help you on WW fishing.
But I do know a nice little WT stream in the area, that I would divulge by pm if you're interested.

I always get a kick out of the name of that town when passing through.
But I guess for your brother, Home is really home!

He doesn't live there, just buying a car there. He needed a driver to get it back to Monessen, so we are going to make it a fishing trip. Getting Jim on a wild trout stream is down the road a bit.

yellow creek below the outflow of the lake

Chest Creek , Conemaugh River ,

Thanks, several options now. Viola! :cool:

We ended up only getting to Two Lick Creek at the Waterworks Conservancy property. No smallmouth were seen nor caught, but Jim landed 3-4 trout, all stocked browns, and I missed catching 3, two on a small streamer and one on a dry caddis imitation. Water felt pretty cold, but getting into the high 60s, if I had to guess, which I do since I did not have a thermometer.

Back