Hendrickson's this weekend Altoona region?

C

crs5942

Anyone have a good recommendation for hitting a Hendrickson hatch this weekend in the Altoona region? I want to get my fiance out to experience a good hatch. Unfortunately, I have been running into a lot of fisherman chasing stocked trout the past week and the fishing has been poor despite hendricksons and blue quills hatching. The best hendrickson hatch I have ever fished in central PA was several years ago on Bald Eagle Creek in Port Matilda. I am looking to fish somewhere in the Altoona area, within 45 minutes, that I can get into some fish on hendricksons or at least blue quills. I fear that stocked streams may have too much pressure; however, Bald Eagle is stocked and was great when I fished it a few years ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Send a personal message if you do not wish to attract publicity to the stream. Thanks.

I always had good action with Hendricksons/ Red Quills on Standing Stone Creek in Huntingdon County. It is stocked but should be able to find some room.

They were on at Penns last weekend, call Jonas at feathered hook for an update

I was out at Bob's Creek around Osterburg today. Lots of bugs, yet only saw one fish rise in the 4 hours I was there.

Back