Heading to Gettysburg for the weekend

B

BTRobertson

Any advice for stream choice NEAR the city (not going to have the time to travel north to Yellow Breeches). Bringing all my fly gear and going to give it my first try in 16 years or so.

Bringing lots of wets, nymphs, and streamers.

Try Conawago Creek North of Gettysburg. I believe it passes under Rte 34 near the bowling alley. Park there and fish upstream. It is a C&R FFO area so there will be fish and likely somewhat crowded.

Maurice wrote:
Try Conawago Creek North of Gettysburg. I believe it passes under Rte 34 near the bowling alley. Park there and fish upstream. It is a C&R FFO area so there will be fish and likely somewhat crowded.

This is good advice. Conewago is only about 5M north of town. As Maurice pointed out, it is fly fishing only catch and release upstream from RT 34. Downstream from RT 34 is regular regs.

Yeah, just head north from the square in Gettysburg along Carlisle Street, which turns into route 34, then go about 7 miles along route 34 and park at the bowling ally on the right (you can't miss it). Fish upstream from there.

Thanks guys. I posted in a separate thread my great fortune yesterday, and I'm hoping to hit the water today as well.

Back