Has anyone been to Lititz Run lately

JVenezia

JVenezia

Creek rd. and 722 area otherwise known as the Thompson Farm ?

Just wondering how its been with the cold snap we had. Haven't had a chance to fish it yet... Hoping to tomorrow.

I can never find the Thompson farm.....

I keep meaning to go there and check it out. The summer was very good to the Run. The fish from "On the Fly" held up, the flows were great, temps stayed low. We were catching them in late July on dries still. August wasn't too brutal of a month, so I have to imagine this winter will be good.

Andy,
Want to hit it together some time.... I am sure you are busy with holidays and children. I am looking for a new years day trip somewhere local should anyone be interested ?

Go there now. Or tomorrow. Or maybe even Christmas day. The rain/snow melt will help the flow and make fishing much more productive.

I cannot find the elusive Thompson farm.... I will just park at the bridge and walk it.

Coming from Lancaster heading towards Ephrata. You make a left and farm should be 1/2 to 3/4 mile. On right.

Color me stupid but that big white house is it correct? Is the parking across the street from the house or at the house? and there is a fishermans ladder to cross a fence right there as well right?

Sorry just trying to tie all the things I have heard but, have not seen.

There are two "parking spots" along the west side of Creek Road, just north of the bridge. There are multiple ladders to cross the fence, so access isn't an issue. The big white house is back the lane from the small bridge.

Ok last question.. how far in either direction of the bridge can we fish?

Just go until you see signs that tell you otherwise ;-)

Got it thanks for all the help.

I too haven't fished it for awhile. I personally like it better this time of year, seems like the big'uns are still feeding pretty regularly. let us know how you did!

Going out New Years day...... Should be out there by 10 am

Back