Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Gov't shutdown closes Valley Creek

From chester ct
Reading today's Daily Local News (a very fine paper), the front page has a great pic (by the steller photog Tom Kelly IV) of the Valley Forge NP closing off a trail. Sounds like that gov't impasse is hitting home.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 11:34

Re: Gov't shutdown closes Valley Creek
From Gettysburg
Yep.
We're dealing with the situation as best we can here in Gettysburg. I'll bet that fly shops and guides out around the big western national parks are really worried that, if this lasts a long time, they could suffer financially.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 12:16

From Monessen, PA
Just in time for the spawn. Another wonderful fringe benefit of anarchy.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 12:37

From Couldn't Care Less
What could they possibly do if one plays 'stupid' and decides to go fish one afternoon?

Posted on: 2013/10/2 15:31

If there are signs saying its closed, they could cite or arrest you for trespassing.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 16:56

From Clearfield
I think, but could be mistaken, that national parks are public property but managed by the national park service with rules and regulations. If someone stopped you, which is unlikely since everyone is furloughed, then you may be able to argue that the land is public but the facilities are private.

May or may not be worth the trouble

Posted on: 2013/10/2 17:47

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
phiendwmd wrote:

If there are signs saying its closed, they could cite or arrest you for trespassing.

Trespassing on land we own? I might head out there tomorrow or Friday so we shall see tho I have never seen a ranger there when the govt was operating ...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/10/2 20:40

From Lansdale
It would be impossible to claim that you didn't know. Why do people think they can do whatever they want at any time ?

Posted on: 2013/10/3 6:15

From harlansburg
Time for a revolution. time for everyone to storm OUR public lands and let these a$$holes know who is in charge. WE are in charge, these are OUR lands, this is OUR country, not thiers. yet right now OUR so-called representation, is holding us hostage.
REMEMBER THIS AT ELECTION TIME!!! I say every single one of those idiots in congress must go.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 6:28

Quote:

tyeager wrote:
I think, but could be mistaken, that national parks are public property but managed by the national park service with rules and regulations. If someone stopped you, which is unlikely since everyone is furloughed, then you may be able to argue that the land is public but the facilities are private.

May or may not be worth the trouble

The National Park Service is not a private group. It's a federal agency.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 8:01

Quote:

bikerfish wrote:
Time for a revolution. time for everyone to storm OUR public lands and let these a$$holes know who is in charge. WE are in charge, these are OUR lands, this is OUR country, not thiers. yet right now OUR so-called representation, is holding us hostage.
REMEMBER THIS AT ELECTION TIME!!! I say every single one of those idiots in congress must go.

Some politicians have created, and are supporting, this shutdown, others are not.

Remember which was which at election time.

That's the whole idea as set up by the founding fathers.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 8:10

From Gettysburg
Quote:

tyeager wrote:
I think, but could be mistaken, that national parks are public property but managed by the national park service with rules and regulations. If someone stopped you, which is unlikely since everyone is furloughed.....

I can't speak for other parks but here at Gettysburg, the Park Service law enforcement rangers are "essential" personnel and are on duty. They have been instructed to ask people to leave. I don't know any more about the operational rules, but suspect they could arrest someone for failure to comply with the requirement to leave.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 8:23

From Lancaster Co.
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
I can't speak for other parks but here at Gettysburg, the Park Service law enforcement rangers are "essential" personnel and are on duty. They have been instructed to ask people to leave. I don't know any more about the operational rules, but suspect they could arrest someone for failure to comply with the requirement to leave.

So you're telling me if I want to walk the battlefield right now I would be told to leave because it's "closed?" The American public should show up enmasse at these open air places like VF, Gettysburg, The National Mall and send the message that we're not taking this BS anymore.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 9:20

From Lansdale
I think the NPS is trying to actually look out for your safety and the security of the grounds and artifacts.
If they're working with a skeleton crew, they don't have the normal resources to ensure either. It's not their fault.

Posted on: 2013/10/3 9:55

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
KeithS wrote:

It would be impossible to claim that you didn't know.

Why?

Quote:
KeithS wrote:
Why do people think they can do whatever they want at any time ?

Decent amt of people "do(ing)whatever they want at any time" this AM. Not a ton, but some biking and running ... maybe they didn't know.

Quote:

KeithS wrote:

I think the NPS is trying to actually look out for your safety and the security of the grounds and artifacts.
If they're working with a skeleton crew, they don't have the normal resources to ensure either. It's not their fault.

LMFAO

Posted on: 2013/10/3 10:19

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com