Gettysburg

• Thread starter REDNECK_FLYFISHER
  • Start date
R

REDNECK_FLYFISHER

I am heading to Gettysburg for A few days in May and looking for any ideas where to fish while there. I probably wont have A lot of time but would like to get A few casts in during A morning or two while I am there. I checked the PA Fish commission site and see A few places to go but wondered if anyone here has any suggestions.
Thanks

It depends on how far you want to travel from town. The immediate area in and around Gettysburg has virtually no fishing opportunities and none for trout.

There's a FFO section and several ATWs within about five miles. Feel free to send me a PM for more detail.

This will be moved to the Locations forum shortly.
Thanks,
DW

Letort, Falling Springs, Yellow Breeches are pretty close to Gettysburg. Check out Mike Heck's website for more info.

I am a battle of Gettysburg fanatic. When I go out there, fishing actually takes a backseat to the battlefield itself.

Just do a forum search on "Gettysburg" and you'll find some old threads that contain valuable information.

Thanks for the help and Dave_w I will pm you once I know the date and where we will be staying, thanks

REDNECK_FLYFISHER wrote:
Thanks for the help and Dave_w I will pm you once I know the date and where we will be staying, thanks

Sure thing.

If you're not from this part of the state, you might consider some of the better known streams. As mentioned above Letort and Yellow Breeches are nearby - they're about 45 minutes from G-burg. Falling Springs is 30 min and Big Spring is about 55 min.

I am a battle of Gettysburg fanatic. When I go out there, fishing actually takes a backseat to the battlefield itself.

We had a "Gettysburg and Cumberland Valley" jam a few years ago (I posted under the name "Fishidiot" then) in which we toured the battlefield and then fished Yellow Breeches in the afternoon and evening. Wish you could have joined us. It was a popular event and I'll run it again one of these years.

Gettysburg and Cumberland Valley

Back