ForEvergreen Nature Preserve on Brodhead Creek

DoctorWater15

DoctorWater15

Does anyone know what the fishing regulations are in the ForEvergreen Nature Preserve on Brodhead Creek? I have read that it is CRALO, but haven't seen anything marked on any of the PFBC maps for this section. I was looking at trying this area in March (during closed season on stocked waters), but just wanted to make sure that I was within regulations. Any help would be appreciated!

I asked this same question like a year ago because I ran into a fisherman while walking my dog during what I assumed was closed season. Unfortunately, I can’t find the original thread to give credit/specifics from whoever answered. In short, I believe the answer is it’s open year round because stocking stops at the 191 bridge. North of there, you’re good.

The entirety of ForEvergreen is definitely clearly posted C&R. These are not PFBC signs, so I’m not sure whose jurisdiction this is under. I vaguely remember rumors that the stretch would get the official state special reg designation, but haven’t heard anything lately.

Also, do some poking around and you’ll find a few threads on issues with property owners (and some funky property lines) that might be worth noting, though the most significant of these, the Penn Hills resort of doom, has likely been resolved since the property has continued to change hands repeatedly.

I am the one who posted about the funky property lines. If you can get a map of the property lines for there that would be a great tool. The penn hills property cuts right across the creek right around the area of the broken bridge. I had an encounter with a worker there that told me I was trespassing. Little did I know they owned the other side of the creek from the broken bridge, down to the cherry lane road bridge. I have never had a problem after that time, nor have I ever seen anyone else. They should be worried about vandals doing graffiti and burning the place down rather than someone fishing.

But you can fish there when everything else is closed. It is above all pfbc stocking points on the creek.

fisherboy3 wrote:
I am the one who posted about the funky property lines. If you can get a map of the property lines for there that would be a great tool. The penn hills property cuts right across the creek right around the area of the broken bridge. I had an encounter with a worker there that told me I was trespassing. Little did I know they owned the other side of the creek from the broken bridge, down to the cherry lane road bridge. I have never had a problem after that time, nor have I ever seen anyone else. They should be worried about vandals doing graffiti and burning the place down rather than someone fishing.

But you can fish there when everything else is closed. It is above all pfbc stocking points on the creek.

Same experience here. Landowner between RR and Cherry Ln bridges doesn't want anyone there, but I have never had a problem above Cherry Ln, provided I enter legally and stay in the stream (when possible; it is the Brodhead, after all...). That said, there is a lot of flat water below the broken bridge, so not worth going to jail if the workers are doing more than preserving their honey hole...

Above Cherry Ln is not regulated beyond the requirements of preserve's C&R (where the preserve property actually begins). I have fished there on opening day at 6 AM before meeting friends downstream.

Chris, one year I am allowed on that guys “property”, next year he says no. Dont get it

Back