Fishing creek

B

bialeckij

I'm going to be heading to fishing creek around Benton/orangeville on Saturday has anyone fished it lately how's it been fishing?

Here's a report, they update it about every day. http://www.streamconditions.com/StreamConditions_FishingCreek_Conditions1.cfm

Thank you I never knew about that page

Wrong Fishing Creek LeTortAngler2. He is asking about the Fishing Creek in Columbia County. That report is for the spring creek in Clinton County.

We stopped stocking it July 1. That said, there should be enough fall fish in there for you to get.

PM me if you need some ideas of where to go.

I have been fishing near Bloomsburg, Kocher Park near Light Street and in Orangeveille in the past several weeks on a variety of wet flies and nymphs. Lots of hits but I am just learning how to fly fish and am having difficulty setting the hook. Unfortunately I have not been catching. I got lucky today and got a 15'' Rainbow which hit a yellow sallie stimulator dry fly I had in front of the dropper.

I can't say why you're not getting hook-ups using nymphs and wet flies, trout usually hook themselves when you fish them. Just make sure you don't have any slack on the water.

Thanks for the response. It is my ability for not being able to hook the fish. I am still learning how to fly fish.

This link may help.

Fishing Creek, Benton

Anything for a flow up to 1500 is good throughout most of the drainage. So if this gauge is at or below 1500 fishing should be good all the way up to the smallest tributaries..

Chaz wrote:
This link may help.

Fishing Creek, Benton

Anything for a flow up to 1500 is good throughout most of the drainage. So if this gauge is at or below 1500 fishing should be good all the way up to the smallest tributaries..

FC is my home stream and I'd say the ability to wade starts to get pretty questionable above 1000. In my experience, 400-750 is optimal.

That may be true of the lower end, but there are miles of water to fish and plenty of wild trout water in the FC drainage to fish when the lower end of FC get dicey. When FC is up the tributaries fish very well, and the upper reaches fish very well. The stream gauge is down by the mouth.

Back