Fishing Neshannock Creek

B

blakew510

This weekend I will be traveling to the Sharon, PA area to meet with family for Easter. I noticed that nearby there is a from what I can tell a solid trout stream in the Neshannock Creek. Also, there is a fly shop which is always a plus. I would like to fish Saturday. Can anybody guide me in the right way as to what flies to use, where to fish, parking, or anything else? I'm still a beginner so using woolly buggers and egg patterns are okay with me if they catch fish. Also I do not care whether or not the fish are stocked or native. Thanks

Parking -

In Volant, theres a bunch of parking near the stream/fly shop. Park there and walk down stream. This is the upper limit of the DHALO section. There is a pretty good foot path along the stream on the flyshop side.

Or you can park near the covered bridge and fish upstream. This is the lower DHALO section.

Expect there to be a TON of people there with the nice weather and it being Select Stocked stream.

Heres a stream report from a few days ago- http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/Stream-Reports/Stream-Reports/Neshannock-Creek--Keystone-Select-Section----Lawrence-County---3-19-2016/8,41330.html

Another stream that may be worth checking out is the DHALO section of Cool Springs creek. Its right outside of Mercer and Id imagine it wil be WAY less crowded.

There is also a FFO section on Slippery Rock Creek.

Any advice on parking for cool spring creek? Or where to go once I get there?

Back