Fishing Creek

byf

byf

Is Fishing Creek between Bloomsburg and Buckhorn fishable? It looks fishy but I don't know about the water quality. Has anyone fished this area or know anything about it?

It is (usually) fishable although it is running high right now. Not stocked below lightstreet but you can still find trout there. is a very good area for small mouth the closer you get to the river. I have caught trout and small mouth near the bridge in Fernville. Hope this helps.

I've caught trout at the fernville bridge also and further down

I don't know how much stays in that area year round. It is really low and slow in the summer months and gets absolutely blown out in the winter and spring. It is mostly shaded by trees but not a lot of holding spots except around the bridges. I always wanted to try it when I lived there. I don't know what stopped because most of the water is not posted or owned by the county.

Thank You. At the moment I'm living in Lions Gate Apts. I work 3-11 in Danville and was looking for a place to fish before work. I'll be checking it out this week.

Excellent water quality, and it's at 575 right now so you should be ok. There are water quality issues on the East Branch, but not really on the main stem.

Back