First Steelhead trip (NY)--lodge/guide suggestions?

Wildfish

Wildfish

My wife wants to get me a 2 night trip up to the salmon for winter steelhead. I've never been, so I'm thinking a wading guide for the first day, then on my own for the second.

Any advice? Don't want to break the bank on the lodge, but don't want to be uncomfortable either. Also, should I stay on the salmon, or head to another trib?

Thanks.

I know of an awesome lodge that is cheap that a buddy of mine owns. like $35 a night. I will pm you the information. Might also be able to recommend a guide.

If Greg Liu is still guiding up there check him out.

Greg is still working out of Whitakers. Whitakers also has rooms so you might be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Greg is the best

Greg Liu or Pat Muira
Pat Muira 1-315-777-3570 was last number i know of.
Either of these two guys will give you a great day on the water.
If you are unsure google them.

Becker,
We are planning a trip in the spring so i would appreciate the info as well.
Thanks,
Bob

Pm sent to both

Canon's lodge...they will hook you up. Winter rates are cheap

Thanks guys. Great leads.

Ever hear of Salmon Heaven Lodge right on the Fly only section? That was another recommendation.

Yep, I have stayed there. Was not bad.

Good choices with Guides and lodges recommended.
Give Whitakers call, they have several quides that work out of fly shop and do have rooms available. Check availability with rooms on site also.

BTW give us update after trip. I will be heading up 1 more time before Big Freeze, and also March & April.

Will do.
When does the river freeze? Or better, when is too late in winter to go steelheading?

www.flyguysoutfitting.com

Loren Williams

Loren Williams no longer guides...

Whitakers and Loren Williams AKA the Fly Guy. Can not do better!!
Good Luck!!
Sean

Back