Favorite FFO sections

Cutbow171

Cutbow171

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone had any favorite Fly fishing only sections they were willing to share. Ive fished Clark Creek the past 2 weekends and have had good fishing. Looking for a new place to fish this weekend

My favorite waters - and the ones I would rank as the top 5 trout streams in the state - are all-tackle.
Delaware and Little Juanita Rivers, plus Spring, Penns, and Fishing Creeks.
So, I rarely fish any FFO sections anymore.

But one that I do get to once or twice a year - yellow creek in bedford county - is quite nice. It's stocked - but also holds a nice population of wild trout.
And it is well maintained by the yellow creek coalition. Has a very nice trail along side, with numerous benches at all of the bigger holes.
It's the one place where my wife will hike in with me, and hang out while I fish

Thanks for the info, I'll probably give Yellow a try sometime.

Cutbow171 wrote:
Looking for a new place to fish this weekend

A couple of my favorites are Letort and Falling Spring. That being said, most of my best fishing comes in areas out of FF Only sections. Class A's (that aren't stocked) are open this time of year, and you often see many fewer anglers. Heck, I often have better experiences at class B and C streams than FFO sections, simply due to less pressure. I am the kind of person though who doesn't like to see another angler when I'm out, so I tend to avoid special regs areas for the most part.

Ive only ever fished Dunbar FFO. Interesting place in the heart of Fayettenam. It fishes OK sometimes, usually months after the last time the stocking truck has been there. It gets hammered like the easy chick on prom night in the spring and early summer though.

McMicheal in Stroudsburg is usually good fishing but will depend on weather. They got a lot more snow so snow melt could be an issue.

Big Spring
Green Spring
Letort
Falling Spring
Slate Creek

Back