Conoy Creek Lancaster County

drumat26

drumat26

Just trying to get some info on Conoy Creek in Lancaster county. My dad recently took a job in Elizabethtown and the stream runs through his work's property. I got invited to come check the stream out. It has got to be at least five miles up stream from where the stocking limit is. Didn't know if it would be worth my time to head out there or not. Any info would be appreciated!

It is a stream that during the heat of the summer is warmer upstream toward Elizabethtown than it is farther downstream where it is stocked. Even downstream it gets a bit too warm for consistent year around survival of trout, but I know of a private property where some year around survival occurs under the individual's bridge. It is rather curious based on electrofishing near-by, so there could be a spring seep under or near the bridge. There is a tributary about 2/3's of the way downstream from Elizabethtown to the mouth. It is a "shot" limestoner with very cold water and good flow, but terrible substrate. It's a shame. The trib does not support a trout population.

Is Conoy Creek even five miles long? I'm guessing since it's ATW, the whole length is closed to fishing until opening day, correct?

Back