Anywhere near Great Wolf Lodge 3rd week of March?

D

dubthethorax

I know it's not trout opener yet but are there any special regs waters nearby that are open to fish, and are they worth it? Family weekend planned for 3rd weekend of March and I wanna escape with a 3 weight.

You might want to say where that lodge is located.

Great Wolf Lodge, in Scots Run, PA, is close to a # of small streams flowing off the higher hills in the Pocono Plateau. Look at the PA Fish & Boat Commission website. See the AA OUTFITTERS FLY SHOP in Blakeslee, and THE EVENING HATCH in Lake Harmony. We still have quite a bit of snow on the ground

Its close to Broadhead, Pocono Creek, and McMichaels and a crap load of smaller streams

Lots of the streams mentioned won't be in season b/c a portion of them are stocked; minus the DHALO of McMichaels. PM me if you want wild trout. There's a crapload of Class A's around that have nice pop's of brown's and brookies.

BTW. Cathy G. Crapload is one word. Not two. :)

I had to make my 100th post funny! Well I laughed.

Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure and I was too lazy to look it up.

tulenknot - thanks!
millsertime - PM sent

dubthethorax wrote:
I know it's not trout opener yet but are there any special regs waters nearby that are open to fish, and are they worth it? Family weekend planned for 3rd weekend of March and I wanna escape with a 3 weight.

Oh, you can fish the wild brown trout stream their inadequate shithouse pollutes.

Seriously? Is it even worth it?

Millsertime wrote:
BTW. Cathy G. Crapload is one word. Not two. :)
To me it's bad english to make 2 words into one, crap load, cold water, warm water, etc.
Back to the O.P. there are a bunch of streams nearby that are wild trout streams and on public land.Some should be avoided because of the ice and snow, but many are fishable.

BTW...thanks everyone for the tips. We did land a few fish in a beautiful stream. Fished another one that didnt go so well but still had fun.

Back