total control

Hammerhead81

Hammerhead81

Corbett and his goon squad now have total control over everything Marcellus Shale. No longer are field agents allowed to issue citations without the direct approval of Michael Krancer and other unnamed losers.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11089/1135894-503.stm

could actually go both ways, sure, krancer might be able to overlook and ignore violations, but on the other hand, this may lighten the load on the field inspectors, simply report the violations and move on, let the home office deal with the mess.
like everything else related to this industry, we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

on another note, pres Obama wants to increase natural gas production and use(especially in buses and trucks he says) in order to cut back on oil imports.
AND, since PA is at the epicenter of the marcellus thing, I really see this industry exploding(pun intended).

Doesn't surprise me one bit. This guy will not stop until we stand up and stop him. I mean what he has done in his first couple months in office is crazy. This is just more of the same. I am so glad I didn't vote for this clown. Does he actually think that slashing education funding by 50% and giving the drilling industry the keys to Harrisburg is gonna lead PA down the road to prosperity?

Bikerfish - with all due respect, Krancers job is to RUN DEP not to be the judge, jury and executioner for DEP violations. As far as freeing up the Inspectors they had time to write up 750 violations so they seemed to be able to do the job. Wanna bet that somehow the # of violations goes down now that one person gets to be the DECIDER. I am sick that we just keep appeasing this industry.

I understand Krancer is also personally reviewing all well permit applications.

Back