Well blowout on State Forest Land

Makes me think we are right on the edge of a MAJOR disaster , though maybe the DEP guys who go work for the Gas folks won't be as careless since they have to live here.

I honestly think the entire state government is working for the gas industry right now.

osprey, I don't think we'll see one major dissaster, I think it will be bunches of small ones, less regulation on the industry, more gov in the pockets of the industry, less policing of the industry.

Yeah , i guess THAT'S the JOBS they were talking about , nothing for the working joe , they import the blue collar from somewhere else.

Fair number of jobs available right here in PA. Go to Haliburton's website, for instance.

It doesn't surprise me that the DEP folks are going to the industry side. Both sides require expertise in environmental laws and relationships with between the industry and the DEP. The DEP folks have resume's which are tailor made for the industry position, and the industry pays more. End of story.

Sucks about the blow-out. Hopefully not too severe this time (limited to lined pad site according to article) and it results in an investigation of valve performance and how they can re-engineer those things to prevent future mishaps with them.

bikerfish wrote:
I honestly think the entire state government is working for the gas industry right now.

as of 2 weeks ago, they pretty much are
they scratched corbett's back, now they expect the same in return

Back