Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

WTF Exxon!!!!!

From Reading
How many fish and wildlife will this mistake kill. Exxon estimates anywhere between 1,000 and 40,000 gallons spilled ( I will take the over on that). Building a pipeline under the Yellowstone River are they freakin nuts!?!? Oh but they can frac safely..... Just let us frac around the park system. It will be alright.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07 ... 7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C75197

Posted on: 2011/7/3 9:03

Re: WTF Exxon!!!!!

From North Central PA
agreed. WTF?

Posted on: 2011/7/3 9:11

From Chester County
Quote:

jjsjigs wrote:
agreed. WTF?

Hey jigs,

I had a conversation with a higher-up from one of the big oil companies last week. Anyway, the natural gas companies (not the oil companies mind you) have received the rights to run pipelines under your river (the NB Susky) in a whole bunch of areas up there.

Further, I don't think people realize that the real party hasn't even started!!! The nat gas guys are exploring and drilling. When they do find gas right now they are just capping the wells. They are waiting for the gas prices to climb (they're rather low right now). But the kicker is, before they do start extracting, what do you think they will need?........PIPELINES!!! Wait 'til they start diggin' and layin' 'em all through the region!!!....including under and across the Susky and other rivers and streams.

Further, compressor booster stations have to be built to keep the gas flowing. Given the mountainous terrain in northern PA, they must be built in very short intervals and he told me they are very loud and very obtrusive!

How come nobody told us about all this stuff!!!!!

SAD!!!

Attach file:

jpg  Northern PA meets South Philly.jpg (70.07 KB)
53_4e107a9770684.jpg 278X376 px

Posted on: 2011/7/3 9:45

Edited by afishinado on 2011/7/3 10:00:25
Edited by afishinado on 2011/7/3 10:03:04
Edited by afishinado on 2011/7/3 10:03:33
Edited by afishinado on 2011/7/3 10:20:07

And in protest we are going to use rickshaws and ride our bikes...

Posted on: 2011/7/3 9:53

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

acristickid wrote:

And in protest we are going to use rickshaws...

That will solve the unemployment problem too.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/7/3 10:04

From North Central PA
Yeah.. the PFBC sold Chessie the rights to go under the river. That happened sometime last year.

They have already started the pipeline construction projects up here. They are criss-crossing the county. Can't wait to move to Lancaster Co. Soon... Sooon....

Posted on: 2011/7/3 10:27

From Mont Co, Pa
This is just following a real bad trend. We are in the process of killing this planet a day at a time. At this point, I think right here in Pa we have some real trouble brewing.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 10:39

From Lancaster Co.
You guys think this is something new? This State is criss crossed with natural gas distribution pipelines already many of which go under streams, rivers, etc. Rather have a pipeline buried well under a stream bed than any more of those ugly windmills on mountain tops.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 10:43

From SW PA
Of course it goes without saying, Exxon will recieve a very stern slap on the wrist...

Posted on: 2011/7/3 10:49

Exxon Pipeline Spills Oil Into Yellowstone River

From S. Central PA
I know it's not PA water, but I suspect many here may be interested or possibly have trip plans affected.

Exxon Pipeline Ruptures, Spills Oil Into Yellowstone River

Haven't found anything yet regarding fish kill, but thought I'd pass this on.

Dan

Posted on: 2011/7/3 11:03

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

McSneek wrote:
You guys think this is something new? This State is criss crossed with natural gas distribution pipelines already many of which go under streams, rivers, etc. Rather have a pipeline buried well under a stream bed than any more of those ugly windmills on mountain tops.

Windmills don't leak. Just sayin'.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 11:07

From Eastern PA
Quote:

tomgamber wrote:
Quote:

McSneek wrote:

They have had hydraulic fluid leak issues but certainly not on the level of other energy leak potential.

I can't believe one would complain about windmills versus well pads and all the environmental impacts of same.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 11:27

From Pittsburgh
I just read the NBC, AP, Reuters write up on this spill and it really makes me think its only a matter of time until something bad happens here in the Commonwealth. My job involves a lot of piping and valving and the only thing certain about the equipment is that it all eventually fails.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 11:32

From Chester County
Hey, I realize we all depend on energy, and it has to come from somewhere. Also, I know it's the "not in my backyard" scenario, but what bothers me most is no one is minding the store in the State Capital to oversee the operation and assure that things are done right, and with the least amount of impact.

Jack, how could you let this happen!!!

Posted on: 2011/7/3 11:41

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

tomgamber wrote:
Quote:

McSneek wrote:

They have had hydraulic fluid leak issues but certainly not on the level of other energy leak potential.

I can't believe one would complain about windmills versus well pads and all the environmental impacts of same.

Yes, as someone posted in another thread...everything leaks. But there is a difference between a limited supply of anything and and a limitless pipeline spill. If a windmill drains all its fluid on the ground and no one notices for a few days you know exactly how much is leaked. Let a pipeline leak for a few days and see what happens.

Its just naive to defend what is going on. If you fish or hunt or own a camp in PA, you are either hoping for the best or just ignorant to what they are doing to our state.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 11:43

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com