Two-headed fish a bonus?

greenghost

greenghost

Twice as likely to take my nymph!!!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11060/1128778-503.stm

There's no way to look at this thing through rose-colored, polarized lenses.

Our sport will suffer unless we apply strong environmental protective enforcements.

But realistically, that ain't going to happen -- given the new political environment in Harrisburg and taking into consideration a long, saddened history of ecological ravaging during the oil boom, gold rush, coal and steel era. It is greed run amuck once again. Economic prosperity trumps ecological protection.

Learn to love carp fishing gents!

greeng- beat me to it.

I would not want to be downstream of that.

Hmm, so the question here is what happens as it settles?

They tested frackwater directly as it came out of the well, and found elevated levels of radioactivity, which is to be expected. Then its let settle, and the solids disposed of in landfills. The remaining water is treated, and released.

Most of the uranium should be solid, and thus when it settles, and when its filtered through treatment, much of this should be removed. The industry AND the DEP say it should be a non-problem as the radioactivity will fall to low levels by the time of release, so thats where I'll guess this is going to end up, at least until further notice.

Nonetheless, what I'm reading here, and I'm guessing it's accurate, is that the only place they test the water is as it comes out of the well. Thats just idiotic. It should be tested at the inflow and outflow of the treatment plants. Test the dang water and lets get to the bottom of it. If radioactivity at outflow is above allowable levels, then we need to upgrade our treatment plants (which I suspect we need to do anyway for other issues).

pcray1231 wrote:
Hmm, so the question here is what happens as it settles?

They tested frackwater directly as it came out of the well, and found elevated levels of radioactivity, which is to be expected. Then its let settle, and the solids disposed of in landfills. The remaining water is treated, and released.

Most of the uranium should be solid, and thus when it settles, and when its filtered through treatment, much of this should be removed. The industry AND the DEP say it should be a non-problem as the radioactivity will fall to low levels by the time of release, so thats where I'll guess this is going to end up, at least until further notice.

Nonetheless, what I'm reading here, and I'm guessing it's accurate, is that the only place they test the water is as it comes out of the well. Thats just idiotic. It should be tested at the inflow and outflow of the treatment plants. Test the dang water and lets get to the bottom of it. If radioactivity at outflow is above allowable levels, then we need to upgrade our treatment plants (which I suspect we need to do anyway for other issues).

Yep, seems straight forward to me.

Back