This American Life on drilling

teacreekfreak

teacreekfreak

Dont know how many are familiar with the radio show "This American Life". This weeks episode is called 'Game Changer'. They dedicated the whole show to the Marcellus Shale saga. Very well done, makes me feel very different toward large university stances on the situation, especially Penn State. The whole show is based on drilling in PA. If you get a chance check it out in iTunes or at http://www.thisamericanlife.org/

Not to mention, just read about the PAFBC selling drilling leases in the local paper. Revenues would be used to repair some dams in the state. Not sure how long this has been in the works, probably the writing has been on the wall for a while. John Arway says it would be 'irresponsible not to lease' and that if the PAFBC didnt sell the leases, neighboring landowners would do so anyway. Thanks for nothing Arway, cant beat em join em i guess

Thanks tcf,
I was just about to post it myself. Hands down the best piece I've heard on the whole issue. Ira Glass is one hell of a producer/writer.

A very good piece!

After listening to this podcast, I wish that I hadn't clicked on the link. This whole story just ramps up my stress. It makes me believe that there is no chance that there will ever be any significant state or federal legislation that will protect us from any potential environmental or health disaster.

just listened to the podcast a second time through today at work, still just as good as the first time through. Glad to see at least a few others listened, hope others will do the same. It does take a different approach to the issue than what we are used to. Just seems like everyone is in bed with industry nowadays. Gotta love the passion of Dan Volz (U of Pitt) during his interview clips. and yes, ira glass is fantastic, i recommend the show every week (and everything else he contributes to)

Back