20 post 20 pages

M

melvinp

With an average of 20 post a page and 20 pages of post about natural gas it seems like we would get together and make a difference.

agreed.

More post no action,Come on people its time to stop b----ing and do something.show our #S

Let me get this straight...

This is a post to #OOPS# about bitching posts. How is this accomplishing anything more than all the other threads, which are at least more specific? Lead the charge or get off the high horse. IMO, of course. Complaining about all the "can't someone else do it?" with a "can't someone else do it?" attitude drives me nuts, and it's on display here.

Also, your assumption appears to be that people aren't doing anything because they choose to post about the issue on this site. Am I the only one that thinks that's ridiculous?

I agree that it's an item that needs action, but you're making some wild assumptions for the sake of criticizing everyone, and that strikes me as incredibly counterproductive.

Does show our #s mean numbers, or pounds? I mean, I'll do whatever it takes.

lots of us do things. we write e-mails to the government, we attend talks and lectures, we belong to and contribute to various conservation organizations. we police the woods and waters we love and report violations to those that are supposed to enforce.
we are making a difference, they are starting to listen, what have you done?

melvinp wrote:
With an average of 20 post a page and 20 pages of post about natural gas it seems like we would get together and make a difference.

More post no action,Come on people its time to stop b----ing and do something.show our #S

melvin,

I not sure what you are looking to do. Are proposing starting a conservation organization to oppose or help police the natural gas companies?

Think about joining one of the existing conservation organizations like TU, or just click on the top of the page for http://www.pacamocoalition.org/ and support these organizations with money and/or volunteer some time. I agree there should be a lot more of us doing so. Good luck.

I sorry if i affended,all i would like to do is one small thing all at the same time,Making a small thing Big.Im just very tired of the pure greed.MEL P Wyoming county.

melvinp wrote:
I sorry if i affended,all i would like to do is one small thing all at the same time,Making a small thing Big.Im just very tired of the pure greed.MEL P Wyoming county.

No offense taken. Good thread you started. Everyone that feels the same as you should join, lead, follow...whatever.

Well i know that im stepping in way over my head,But how about a simple letter Hand written to Lisa Jackson administrator of the EPA.Telling her that as citizens of the Common Wealth of Pennsylvania we do not feel that the state and local goverments can handel the enviromental impack stressed on it by the natural gas industry and imeadate Help is needed. I know that it might not matter but the sqeaky wheel does get the grease.

I would like to thank everyone at pafly for giving me a chance to hopefully make a difference.If this goes nowhere i will no longer try to influence this wed site with my raw feelings.

we are trying do to stuff... especially after the well blow out in LeRoy Township in Bradford County.

http://thedailyreview.com/news/people-rally-for-temporary-moratorium-on-drilling-1.1136706

Even our county commissioners are trying...

http://thedailyreview.com/news/bradford-county-commissioner-smith-criticizes-dep-in-letter-to-governor-1.1136074

and the state... I'm surprised that Krancer let the DEP do this to Chessie Energy.
http://thedailyreview.com/news/chesapeake-gets-dep-notice-of-violation-1.1136716

Every journey starts with a single step!

melvinp wrote:
I would like to thank everyone at pafly for giving me a chance to hopefully make a difference.If this goes nowhere i will no longer try to influence this wed site with my raw feelings.

Keep trying! It wasn't the sentiment that drew challenge, it was just the ambiguity in which it was presented. I don't think your intent was obvious at first read. If people didn't share your same sentiment, there would be all these posts!

Thanks guys,JJ good luck up there ive been watching,Nicholson has sulfer water to and there having meetings on boro propertys for leasing,Lets see if we get methane.I wish the 50 people could have been 500.

Back