waders sprung a leak

SNJChef

SNJChef

Any suggestions on how to fix a leak in the heel of the footing of the wader? Cabeleas waders only 7 months old. Did not enjoy fishing with a wet foot all day today. Gonna have the wife call and see what cabeleas says.

They have a good warranty. Call them.

"Gonna have the wife call"????? What.....is this 1950????? Hahahahaha.

Hahaha that's what she said... I have an over night charter so won't be back on land until Weds. She boght them for me so I am hoping she still has the receipt.

That sounds like a warranty issue. I trust they'll take care of it.

Don't need a receipt. I emailed them told them the problem and they said to send them back. Your box should have come with a preprinted UPS label to return them. I had the same problem with a leak in the boot part. If you want the same pair, just buy replacements online and return the leaky ones with the UPS label and box that comes with them. I've done it twice and am about to do it again. They are great. You will get 100% back inlcuding the shipping even though their instructions say the shipping charges back will be deducted.

Okay, off to the San Bernardino's to fish the wrong coast. Look for my report later. :-D

Cabellas stand behind their label 110% even w/out receipt. Have had nothing but positive experiences when I return/exchange w/out receipt.

If all else fails - put a hole in the other heal so you have matching wet feet all day.

However if you know where the hole is you can patch it with a bicycle tire patch if not to big of a hole. :lol:

You can turn them into a rain bib if you don't get any relief from the retailer. Check out this blog post on how to make the best rain bibs ever.

if the warranty doesnt hold up i would try some shoe goo or some aqua seal...im an expert on wetboots lol

If you are interested in trying to repair them should it come to that , let us know are they hippers or chest waders and what material are they i.e. neoprene , lightweight breathable , bootfoot or wading shoe required ..........etc. Hope they give up a new pair for you but if not shoot back with more info......depending on what they are i've had pretty good luck with repairs.

They sent me a new pair of waders and a check for 15 bucks to cover postage.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/support/repairs.html

FYI. To repair GORETEX waders

That's really impressive of them, SNJ!

I'm loving the policies of LL Bean (lifetime satisfaction guarantee), where you can always return your waders for a replacement pair or credit. Their waders are OK (rather comfortable and they work fairly well), but no pair has survived an entire season yet. I am VERY hard on mine (lots of bushwhacking!)

Back