Take advantage of a guide.....

djs12354

djs12354

Especially when it’s a more experienced friend doing it! Faithful fishing companion Dan had shown me the South Branch Tunkhannock Creek and where he fished it successfully over time.

We met up there this afternoon and had some fun and frustration. Dan broke in his new three weight and I caught a fat 15" rainbow.

When I hooked it, the fish ran in front of Dan, who hollered that it was a good one. It quickly took the line I had been holding in my hand and, when I got it on the reel, had is buzzing as it ran upstream.

Landed it after a nice fight, and got my pictures before releasing it to give another angler some fun.

Thanks go out to Dan, George, Ed and all the others who have been(and continue to be) patiently teaching me to fly-fish.

Dave

Attachments

• Fat Bow 04 21 2012.jpg
    Fat Bow 04 21 2012.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
Nice fish Dave!!

Congrats Dave, that's a real nice fish. Your enthusiasm for the sport is contagious. Ain't it fun!

Congrats on a great looking fish!

Your KILLIN them now. Come the Jam you'll be putting up some serious numbers. :-D

Not killing them by any means :)

Got a couple today thanks to Dan sharing a good spot on the creek with me. Missed at least 4 or 5 today.

Although I did get brave enough to throw tandem dries and nymph a dropper off a dry. Got the bow by running a submerged caddis by his nose until he got mad enough to hit it. :) Took all the others on top.

delta_dog wrote:
Your KILLIN them now. Come the Jam you'll be putting up some serious numbers. :-D

'tis a team effort culminating in a sole performance.

Kyloe wrote:
'tis a team effort culminating in a sole performance.

Tom,

When you think of it like that, it's more of a dance with you and fish as partners!

Dave :)

A dance...yes, perhaps a "reel"? Couldn't resist the opening for a pun. Another way to look at it is using baseball as an analogy. You have farm teams, coaches, etc. all aimed at developing your skills. But, in the end it all comes down to a sole performance whether you are the batter of the pitcher (and I'll let the catcher serve as a buddy just upstream). It still gets down to a dual of wits vs instinct.

Congrats Dave. I agree with DD, fish beware!

I owe it all to clean living and good coaching. :)

Very nice trout. It sounds like you had a good time.

Back