Skunked again

mrwisker

mrwisker

WOW one of the worse times out yet so far.
Got out late, slipped and fell, snagged up at least 3 seperate lines from other people's snagged and broken line (got a pocket full of mono) then to top it all off they start surfacing about 10 feet in front of me and it's to dark to see the eye of the hook let alone thread it and finish the knot...sigh...tomorrow will be a better day, and I was out on the water. Today the bear ate, and I went hungry.
Yesterday was better, was fishing a rift and kept getting a bump and finally set the hook. Those little wild brownies hit hard, fight hard and jump close to 2 feet in the air before the LDR kicks in :)

It's the days like that, that make the good days out that much sweeter. Sometimes we gotta pay our dues.

There's always somthin' to be said about that "bad day of fishin", but at least you got a pocket full of scrap mono out of the creek. Some day you will be rewarded for your clean up effort.

Better to have been out fishing and griping about getting the skunk than to be at work, wishing you could get out fishing! :)

What gets to me is the one time I have 3 or 4 hours to get out during the week and I'm facing 20mph winds, and drizzle with no insects around. Heading out to work the next day in much nicer conditions I can just imagine the blanket hatches that must be on the water.

Back