Sat 4/27 Fishing NEPA

djs12354

djs12354

My usual fishing partner has abandoned me for Sky Blue Outfitters this weekend, so I'm on my own.

Any newbie or not so newbie care to try and put up with me on some local or not so local water?

Dave

Pssst. Saturday is the 28th.

I'll be chasing the trouts down this way - you're welcome to join me. If you can extend your kitchen pass until dark, it'd be prime.

Maybe a noon time meetup? We can grab lunch, then fish until dark. Gotta be in the water at dusk. ;-)

H.A.

I may even join up after dinner because I got domestic chores that day. Not sure yet but I'm hoping.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Pssst. Saturday is the 28th.

H.A.

Hey, today's my last day of work this week, so my clock is off.

Joy has to work all weekend thanks to NJ auditors coming in for her workplace. That has me free to roam a little, but I am trying to stay local in case she gets an early dismissal.

She's dealing well with being a flyfishing widow, but I don't want to over-do it (too much anyway). :)

I am looking forward to next week though!

Thanks for the offer!

You too Fox!

Ill probably be fishing the lackawanna, I'm not sure what part of nepa you're in but feel free to pm me if you want to meet up

I always see these kinds of posts too late! I worked and would have rather have gone fishin with you guys!

Sent ya a pm.

PM returned

Well, that was one cursed day. I think the Fox put a jinx on us for going fishing while he had to work on the honey do list.

In addition to my bumper getting whacked at Cali Burrito, and a ruined $70 new fly line, Dave broke his rod, Dan got his foot crushed by a bathtub size boulder, and Dave's wife cut a tire on the way home.

Not a lucky day, but at least everyone escaped with only a few dents and dings. Jason was the only one to escape the "curse of the Fox" unharmed.

Yikes.

Attachments

• dog boulders.jpg
    dog boulders.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 2
That rock got me thinking about what if I was by myself on a remote stream somewhere. This is a lesson for everyone newbie or veteran make sure someone knows where your fishing EVERYTIME you go out. I ALWAYS do this even before this incadent. EVERYTIME I go fishing alone or with other people my wife knows where I'm going and where I plan on fishing. This is not only critical when doing a float trip but whenever your in the outdoors. Hiking,Hunting or Fishing make sure someone has accountability for where you are at all times. And I wanna thank Ed for not only being there to help me get that boulder of my foot but also for coming back before dark to check on me and make sure I made it back safe. A little bruised and swollen but learned a lot and gained a little more respect for the outdoors and caught a few fish so it was all worth it in my book.

That incident really got me thinking as well.

How'd we lift that off your foot? Musta been adrenaline, or something. I'm just glad I was still within earshot when it happened.

If that happened somewhere remote, you could have been in a really bad way. It was just freaky how far that boulder moved. I can't believe that guy fishing across the stream didn't help, either.

That was some scary stuff. Thank God you were OK - it could have easily been much worse....

Make sure you tell your wife it was all Fox's fault. ;-)

Sound advice Delta, glad you are ok and had others there to help. Sorry the day was unlucky...it can only get better from here though :)

Back