Newbie looking for mentor in the Volant PA area

J

jj16127

I am new to fly fishing took a 4 hour class/guide on Neshannock near Volant, had a lot of fun and caught my first trout on a fly rod, but went out twice since and can not even get a strike drifting nymphs and WBs. Need some help!

im down to fish with you and give some advice. im in the philly area.

i quite new myself but I'm always heading down to volant or the covered bridge if you would ever want to me up. Im gonna try to go this week since it is so nice. pm me or just comment back on here if your interested

How's your casting? I can give some pointers on fishing, but you don't want to learn my bad habits that I have with casting.

Try to come to the JAM in a few weeks. Check out the link on the right hand page of the forum.

I fish Volant fairly often, but haven't been up there in a few weeks. Maybe you and TroutKilla can meet up with me one day soon and I can give you guys some pointers.

March Browns and Cahills should be popping soon. That should get the fish looking up.

Fished the Volant area last Saturday. Caught rainbow on a combination white #10 wooly high and a beadhead #12 a foot behind. Equal numbers on both flies. Float above wooly to water depth and dropper.

Back