Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Newbie Here from Bucks County

From South East PA
Hay Pat, I too am from Bucks Co. ( Penndel). Welcome to a life long learing curve.
Sean

Posted on: 2013/2/12 13:00

From Pipersville Pa.
sroch and pat, FYI. we are chenging our tying day this week to Fri. Do to Thurs. being Valantines day. If either decide to join us. shoot me an email.

gencon

Posted on: 2013/2/12 14:07

From North East PA
Welcome to the jungle, Pat!

There are a great bunch of people involved with this forum and you will learn a lot by reading and posing questions here.

If you can make the newbie jam, certainly do so. If something prevents you from attending, just mention where and when you plan to fish and you may find someone willing to meet and assist you.

The advantage of the newbie jam is the concentration of talented instructors in one place. And you'll never beat the price! Free.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 16:23

From Lambertville
Welcome to the board Pat. I strongly recommend the instructional jam in Allentown. There will be highly experienced teachers who will improve your casting along with everything else.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 16:27

From Yardley, PA
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/13 16:55

From Ferguson Twp.
You'll have to let us know how things progress for you.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 17:09

From Bucks County
As everyone has already said...Welcome. You can learn a lot from some of these guys. I am in Bucks County too....more specifically Penndel.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 19:40

From Yardley, PA
Thanks bassman. May need all your help with respect to the knots!!!! LOL...My issue may be connecting the leader to tippett. From what I have been reading sounds like the nail knot is the way to go.

My guess the only way to learn to to get out their and just started fishing!!!!!!! I'm sure there will be lots of mistakes made however it is nice to know you are all here for advice!!!!! I am very intersted in attending some of your get togethers so looking forward to meeting many of you this season!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/13 19:49

From SE PA
Hey Pat,
Welcome aboard. I'm also a newbie, and from Bucks Co. too. I'm right up the road in Newtown Twp. I've been fishing the river and a lot of other local places. This past year I've fished only with the fly rod. I've done great with all the warmwater fish for my first year with a fly rod, but catching trout is another story. Hope to see you and some of the other guys at the newbie jam.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 20:23

From Yardley, PA
Thanks Weaves!!! WOW....alot of us from Bucks County...... with limited streams in our County!!! LOL Thank God for the Delaware River!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/13 20:32

From Yardley, PA
I'm not real familiar with any streams here in Bucks. When I fish for trout I find myself going to Delaware Canal, Nesh Creek, Levittown lake of lake Lux at Core creek park. Where in Bucks are their trout streams? Do these streams have public access? I would assume maybe there would be streams somewhere in Upper Bucks?

Posted on: 2013/2/13 20:48

From Newtown Square
Hey Pat-
Welcome to the site. I started FF last spring and have gone through the shredded tippet and countless snags and growing pains of re-rigging. It gets better trust me. As far as learning the knots I would suggest learning to connect your tippet to leader with the surgeons knot or the blood knot. I find the blood knot to be a cleaner knot and in fact fairly easy to learn with practice sitting on your couch. YouTube has some great videos to really learn the knots. Try practicing with heavy mono in two colors as it helps to visually see the two different lines. Before ya know it you will be re-rigging stream side in 20' weather with ease! Good luck and welcome to the addiction!

Wvuandy

Posted on: 2013/2/13 21:53

From Yardley, PA
Thanks Wvuandy! Will certainly take a look at Youtube for learning these knots....many thanks.

Posted on: 2013/2/14 4:26

From Couldn't Care Less
Quote:
weaves wrote:

Hey Pat,
Welcome aboard. I'm also a newbie, and from Bucks Co. too. I'm right up the road in Newtown Twp. I've been fishing the river and a lot of other local places. This past year I've fished only with the fly rod. I've done great with all the warmwater fish for my first year with a fly rod, but catching trout is another story. Hope to see you and some of the other guys at the newbie jam.

I can so relate! I've caught more WW species in a day (more then double or triple) compared to my count on trout. Thats said; by late fall, early winter I came around a lil but much more to learn.

Still a blast but i have cabin fever. Hope to have some more time after this weekend ... abt 5 weeks since I last fished

Posted on: 2013/2/14 7:28

From Upper Bucks
I'm from Bucks as well. There are a few wild trout streams in the county although you'll have a tough time getting access. Even in the winter, I get out at least once a week. There is plenty of WW fishing to be had and there is also a lot of good trout fishing within an hour's drive.

Posted on: 2013/2/14 18:57

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com