Hello

oldspeed442

oldspeed442

i am new to this forum and fairly new to fly fishing in general. i have been fishing with a spinning rod since i was a little boy. two years ago a good friend of mine took me steelhead fishing in erie and to new york for salmon and steelhead. he fly fished and i was amazed at how much more efficient and how many more fish he was catching. i really wanted to get into it, but i was a little intimidated and the price of stuff kind of kept me away. last year a local shop had a 9' 5/6wt combo on sale for $40 and i figured i had nothing to lose. i went steelhead fishing again over the winter and fly fished and had a blast. i never landed a fish, but i was hooked. no pun intended. so this spring i bought myself a nice 8' 4wt for trout and i love it so much. i have been out a few times with it and i am getting setting the hook and different casting techniques down pretty well. i just wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for this wealth of info!

Welcome Oldspeed. Are you a fan of classic Mopars?

Anyway, feel free to join our 24/7 discussion - lots of comraderie here and we like new guys. This Beginner's Forum is the place to ask questions about fly fishing (FFing) basics and fundamentals. Enjoy.
Dave W

Welcome.

Welcome. Love the avatar, the smile says it all!

I am a newbie also and have learned alot from this forum.

Welcome and dont be afraid to ask questions.

Robert

Greetings and welcome aboard.GG

Welcome, I have learned alot so far on here, I am sure you will too!!

Back