Finally made it out for the first time this year (second time ever)

Motley13

Motley13

I finally made it out with the fly rod! Overall it was a pretty successful trip. Unfortunately, I didn't catch any trout. However, I caught 2 chubs (first fish ever caught with the fly rod), I lost 0 flies, and I noticed my casting getting progessively better and more accurate. Overall, I'd call it a successful day, and cant wait to get it back out!
Thanks to everyone for providing valuable information that helped me with my "successful day".

With my schedule, I am having a hard time getting that first day in. Hope you get more chances and I'm sure you'll learn more every time - at least thats how I look at it!

Keep at it guys. Take any opportunity that presents itself to break out that flyfishing gear. A half hour somewhere fishin' is still much better than sitting at home wishin'. Good luck and have fun with it!

Just getting out on the water is great and it's important not to lose sight of that. Sounds like you understand that very well.

If you can get to May 5th gathering, I'm sure you learn a lot and you will surely meet a great bunch of people.

Dave

Motley13 wrote:
I finally made it out with the fly rod! Overall it was a pretty successful trip. Unfortunately, I didn't catch any trout. However, I caught 2 chubs (first fish ever caught with the fly rod), I lost 0 flies, and I noticed my casting getting progessively better and more accurate. Overall, I'd call it a successful day, and cant wait to get it back out!
Thanks to everyone for providing valuable information that helped me with my "successful day".

I too am striving for my first day. This evening might be my best chance to hit the Tulpy for an hour or so.

Back