HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)

Re: Any interest in a Newbie Mini-Jam?

From Nazareth PA
Glad to see some fish were caught.

Posted on: 2011/2/27 15:13

" It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming"...John Steinbeck

Ed,green is one color I did n't try as I left them in the car:)
You mean to say our WCO was actually patrolling the Heritage,all the times I have walked my Boxer along there I have never seen him,or a deputy.It's good they,the parks dept,are leaving the banks get wild and bushy,now if they let the fallen trees and brush piles gather we may have something.Did he say anything about trucking in some boulders to create some broken water in the flat areas?LOL
Give me a call and we can talk about the old days!

Posted on: 2011/2/27 23:09

I would like to thank Heritage-Angler for setting up this mini jam . I had an absolute great time and gained a lot of knowledge. Great to put some faces with names. GFEN looked just like what I expected! Actually he helped me with a lot of things, along with Old lefty, JayL, Andy and many others that I am sorry can't remember their names. The instructors did a fabulous job. Old Lefty is absolutely amazing...went home and kept going over everthing he told me. My twelve year old son said okay Dad can you show me how its done the "right" way...I said I can tell you but show.....I dont' think so! (not yet anyhow!) Thanks again!

Posted on: 2011/2/28 8:20

From Chester County
Quote:

BTflyman wrote:
I would like to thank Heritage-Angler for setting up this mini jam . I had an absolute great time and gained a lot of knowledge. Great to put some faces with names. GFEN looked just like what I expected! Actually he helped me with a lot of things, along with Old lefty, JayL, Andy and many others that I am sorry can't remember their names. The instructors did a fabulous job. Old Lefty is absolutely amazing...went home and kept going over everthing he told me. My twelve year old son said okay Dad can you show me how its done the "right" way...I said I can tell you but show.....I dont' think so! (not yet anyhow!) Thanks again!

GFEN looked just like what I expected! Actually he helped me with a lot of things.....

Posted on: 2011/2/28 8:23

From SEPA
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Quote:

BTflyman wrote:
GFEN looked just like what I expected! Actually he helped me with a lot of things.....

I won't say if I paid him for that endorsement or not.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 8:50

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

troutwilleatflies wrote:
You mean to say our WCO was actually patrolling the Heritage,all the times I have walked my Boxer along there I have never seen him,or a deputy.It's good they,the parks dept,are leaving the banks get wild and bushy,now if they let the fallen trees and brush piles gather we may have something.Did he say anything about trucking in some boulders to create some broken water in the flat areas?LOL

Our WCO, Lee Creyer wants to see exactly that. And more.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 15:55

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Quote:

troutwilleatflies wrote:

Our WCO, Lee Creyer wants to see exactly that. And more.

Being the pessimist that I typically am . . . how is the riparian buffer going to be improved in that area? You can't make it wider on the walking path side and that is primarily trees anyway. Likewise the other side of the stream is mostly forested in that section. How do they plan on getting this improved riparian buffer?

Why is it THAT section of that stream that they are concerned with when there are miles and miles where they literally cut the grass to the streams banks?

I mean frankly, I really don't care about wading that section. Actually don't really care about that section at all (from a fishing perspective). But it really seems like that was a politically correct answer imo.

Posted on: 2011/3/2 15:03

From Dauphin
if you ever do another jam please let me know i would love to attend

Posted on: 2011/3/9 20:37

From Pine Grove
Quote:

IdratherbePhishing wrote:

There's always this one. I look forward to it all year every year.

Boyer

Posted on: 2011/3/9 21:43

From Gettysburg
Quote:

IdratherbePhishing wrote:

As Matt pointed out above, we have our annual "Jam" (short for jamboree) every year in May - usually located in center state near well known trout waters and accessible to folks from both sides of the state. It's a blast (and very informal) and you're welcome to join us. In the last couple years more and more forum members have been putting together smaller regional jams sometimes called "mini-jams" - such as the Beginner's Jam. There's currently an effort to put one together for the Lehigh River and they'll be more over the course of the year. Last summer I organized a one-day jam to fish for bass and float the Juniata. Usually, these get-togethers are announces in the Announcements and Events forum. Spend some more time on this site and familiarize yourself with the forums and you'll get a feel for what's going on.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 8:25

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com