A first of many hopefully!

E

EricU

I haven't been on in a while and wanted to tell everyone about a real neat experience I had. While FF the other week with a prince nyph bead head(my new favorite wet) I was having a great day 4 trout, 20+ chubs (i lost count) and one smallie. The interesting thing is the smallie and how caught it which it really shouldn't be, but it was to me. As I was stripping in one of the chubs after a strip or 2 i noticed a different fish on the end of my line and at this point didnt know what was going on a couple more strips later and there was the chub jumping again as I got within 5 feet I could see another bigger fish on the end , after I landed the bigger fish it turned out to be a smallie that latched onto my chub and wouldn't let go. I picked both fish out the water to still see that the smallie just didnt want let go of this little chub as he was halfway down the smallies throat.It was definitely neat to see that I was able to land 2 fish and only hooking one (the chub) after a little tugging I got the chub out of the smallies mouth and set both free. Thats whats it's all about!

I have a friend (spin guy) that uses chubs to target SMB he has had some pretty good success with them.

Does this mean you've crossed the line into bait fishing? :)

Great story and a reminder that you will see strange things while in the outdoors.

Neat! GG

Back